Cavalier power steering pulley alignment

Hi

I've just replaced the power steering pump drivebelt on my 1990 Cavalier SRi, and I've noticed the two pulleys aren't aligned with each other. The crankshaft pulley is fine, but the power steering pulley is pulled at quite an angle to the belt, which is obviously not good. Shoddy ASCII art diagram:

Reply to
Mark

I can't remember for definite, but there may be some rubber mounting bushes on the PAS pump bracket. If these are perished, then the pump will cant under load from the belt. The other scenario is that loose mounting bolts have elongated the holes in the pump bracket..

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt