Central Locking on Vauxhall Astra.

The central locking on a Vauxhall Astra I bought does not work.

The drivers door will open but none of the others.

Does anyone know of any obvious factors that could be causing this and how to fix it.

Cheers,

Doug.

Reply to
xoom

How old is the car? Have you checked the fuses? If it is a Mk3 Astra, then it could me the motor in the drivers door. A Mk2 could have a faulty drivers door switch. A Mk4 could just have a flat battery in the remote. All three could have a faulty central locking control unit. Very difficult to narrow down without a little more info.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Ours does this - *sometimes*. But I find it works from the passenger side. Should mention that this is using the key -- this 'R' reg Astra does not have remote locking.

john

Reply to
John