central locking problem on Audi A6

Hi there

I have a slightly wierd problem with my 2001 A6 2.5TDI saloon

I went to open it with key fob and did one click for the driver door then two to open the passenger doors as normal.

It did this ok and then it started opening all the windows on its own 1 inch at a time, similar to as if the key fob button was kept pressed down but the windows go down in one smooth motion, this was jolty and stop\start motion until all windows opened.

I went and got my spare fob and the same thing happened again. Also the doors locks keep clicking open as if they are being opened with continuos button pressing of the fob. I managed to lock the car evetually with a bit of trouble but am worried in case it happens again and the windows open and sods law it will fill up with rain or car thieves.!!!!!

Anybody have any ideas where io should start looking. Not very car technical so english explanations would be ideal !

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks in Anticipation

Reply to
Jovan

Is the car used regularly and for more than just short runs? This could be a battery issue. I kid you not.

Reply to
gazzafield

Pull up the carpets (drivers side) and check the BIS ECU for damp / water ingress. This is usually the cause- from blocked sunroof drains.

If you remove and open up the ECU and dry it carefully, you may solve the problem.

Check the muliplug pins carefully for corrosion too.

Do all this with the battery disconnected, and keys in your pocket.

Obviously sort the blocked drains before replacing the ECU!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

it just does motorway mileage