Central locking Shogun

Hi All

1991 diesel shogun with aftermarket GT Alarm immobilizer

Sometimes when using the key fob to unlock the car the car immediately relocks

Try to undo passenger door with key and it relocks immediately

Unlock with key at drivers door all doors stay unlocked

Trouble is it only seems to do this when I don't have time to look at the car, or after dark, or when it is raining

I don't know where to start with this as I am not sure whether the car should unlock from the passenger door anyway If it should then I guess that would eliminate the GT alarm immobilizer and point to the central locking or maybe not

If it was the central locking relay why does the drivers door lock work with the key?

I have thought about getting an auto electrician in but the problem may not come back for several days and not appear when he is here.

Any help appreciated

Tony

Reply to
TMC

The motor on the drivers door must be failing intermittantly. If the motor doesn't unlock, then the switch on the motor will immediately signal the control unit to lock all the doors again. Either the wires are damaged between the door and the car body or the motor/actuator in the drivers door is faulty.

John

Reply to
John