Change immobiliser code on peugeot 405

Change immobiliser code on Peugeot 405

Just bought this car second hand. No handbook and want to change the code for obvious reasons!

Can anyone help with this?

Also I want to change the battery. Any probs with a 96 "P" lxd 1.9 non turbo. I have the radio code. Working blind with no handbook, can any one offer one for sale?

any replies appreciated

Reply to
me

Re handbook: have you had a look on eBay? failing that car boot? mark.w

Reply to
mark williams

mark williams ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or your local dealer...?

As far as changing the code goes :-

According to my XM manual, put the old code in, press C. Put the new code in, press C. The thing then bleeps and flashes a few times. Next time you start it, use the new code, and you should be fine.

Reply to
Adrian

ordered from local dealer - will take some weeks

What is the "S" button for, Always a bit nervous with changing codes - can a Peugeot dealer reset to default like a standard house alarm or can I reset it using the keypad and ignition key?

Does the handbook go into this or is it a separate book like the radio pamphlet?

thanks for the info to date

Reply to
me

me ( snipped-for-privacy@too.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's for the "Service" code - you put a temporary code in while the car's in for service, so you don't have to tell the chimps in the garage your real code.

I've never seen a 406 book, but it's in the main XM owner's manual.

Reply to
Adrian