chrome polish

I accidentally used some chrome polish on my car, not realizing it wasn't regular car polish. Can this do anything to the car's paint or is it harmless? Thanks.

Reply to
Civikman

Chrome is very hard. Paint isn't. At worst it'll leave coarse marks that need polishing out with paint polish.

Reply to
Doki

Almost certainly harmless. Unless it contains a solvent which could attack the paint - very unlikely.

There's a lot of misinformation around about polishes. If it's a type designed to abrade off dull paint - like T-Cut, etc - a metal polish will often work just as well without the inflated price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Well I'm not sure what they sell in England, but over here a popular chrome polish is Mother's brand which is the one I used. Do you know if that would contain any solvents to attack paint? I'm not aware of any if there are. I did get the car washed right after I realized I had been using chrome polish on the paint so I don't think it had much of a chance to set in.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Civikman