Chrysler Grand Voyager Stong fuel small.....

..I have a 2002 '02 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited 2.5 CRD that has a strong smell of diesel after sustained high speed driving.

There is no smell after short stop start town driving, but when i come to a standstill after a long 70mph (ahem maybe 90ish) motorway journey then the thing really smells of diesel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a likely cause for this, before i start checking the entire fuel system from tank forwards!!!

TIA

Deus

-- DNE

Reply to
Desu DNE

assuming it has them?, injector spill pipes would be a first idea

Reply to
MrCheerful

OK having looked through the stuff ive got onthis, I'm presuming ...

9 - INJECTION PUMP FUEL RETURN FITTING 10 - FUEL INJECTOR FUEL RETURN HOSE 11 - FUEL FLOW BACK VALVE

....that these items would be the system to start with.

I'll check for blockages/ / leaks / faults etc. this weekend

Thanks for the pointer

Reply to
Deus DNE

item 10 might be the one