Cigarette burn

Hiya guys

I allowed a friend to use my car to pop into town as his Civic type R was being serviced, and the little s*1t put a fag burn on my drivers seat.

The car in question is a Mk3 Golf which will be going on Autotrader soon (to make way for a new Seat Leon 1.9TDI SE), so i would like to try and repair the damage with out buying it costing too much.

Any advice would be a great help.

Cheers

Antony

Reply to
Dr_Gonzo2000

There should be plenty of trim repairers in your Yellow Pages but if not, a local car dealer can tell you a name.

Having said that, the repairs are not always perfect. They are often acceptable enough for a used car but if you want it perfect I would get him to pay for a new seatcover.

As an alternative I would get a written quote from your local dealer to supply & fit a cover and still do a trim repair.

If the buyer accepts it fine, if not you could show him the quote and agree to adjust the price accordingly?

Reply to
Alan

Hi, I recently had some work done with the local "Chipsaway" guy. Excellent work to body scratches and stonechips and very reasonable too. I believe they do trim repairs too. Give 'em a try, the guy who did mine is in the Yate/North Bristol area, can post the contact details if that area any good to you

Justin

Reply to
Justin Case

Try The Smart Squad they cover most of the country on 0800 7411052

Reply to
Keith