Cinquecento misses

I have a '97 Cinquecento S and I seem to have a problem with the engine. Lately when I've been driving the car, it seems to be jerking as if one of the cylinders isn't firing, also a red 'injector' light appears on the dashboard. I've changed the plugs today for starters but it still seem to be doing the same thing. It's not happening all the time, just sometimes.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
Lee

Sounds like a dodgy coil pack to me.

Not sure with the 900cc engine, but the 1100 has 2 coil packs, and it's not unknown for one or both to fail.

Cost me £30 and 1/2 hour of my time to fix.

Reply to
SteveH

Thanks Steve, It has 2 so I'll get a pair of new ones, even if it isn't that then it's not expensive and will save me doing it at a later date. I'll keep you informed :)

Reply to
Lee

I wouldn't bother buying a pair.

Just pull plugs off whilst the car's running (use a good insulated set of pliers...... I didn't one time and learned the hard way) - that way you can pin it down to the pack that's failed.

Reply to
SteveH

Right, I've now fitted a new coil pack but as I say the problem is intermittent, I'll let the Mrs drive it around for a couple of days and I'll let you know the result. I didn't know which one to change so I changed the nearest one, if it's not that one then I'll have to change the other for the one I've just removed.

I'll post results in a couple of day (or sooner if it doesn't work)

Reply to
Lee

but OWEN SCORES !!!!!

could be a difficult night for the Italian team now... the crowd here in the Mirafiori stadium are on their feet.. The Italian keeper, Arna, is looking worried....

sorry, I just had to...

Reply to
Pete M

Coil pack on the way out ??????

relatively simple job to change ( if you have a reasonable tool kit)

Reply to
Martyn Hodson