Citroen Berlingo Earth Points

I recently took my 2000 reg Mk1 Citroen Berlingo to my local Citroen dealer due to my instrument panel and digital mileage readings being faulty (whole panel flicking on and off and mileage readings being way out). The dealer reported the following:

Carried out investigation into dash display fault. Carried out full global ECU test and found faults recorded in BSI control unit. Removed BSI and found some evidence of water ingress around earth points on o/s A pillar, recommend new BSI and dash pod.

The quote for the work was a ridculous amount so i decided to have a look at the earth points my self and try and clean them up. just in case that was the problem. However, I checked all the earth points listed in Haynes manual and removed what I think is the BSI (below the fuse box, under the steering wheel) and could not see any signs of water ingress in the BSI and the earth points were all in good condition. So I'm trying to find out whether I have been told a lot of bull.

Haynes lists these as earth points:

1.Battery Earth 2.LH Wing 3.RH Lower A Pillar 4.LH Lower A Pillar 5.RH uNder Tail Light 6.LH Under Tail Light 7.Inside RH Front Wing 8.Rh Lower A Pillar above (3.) 9.LH Lower A Pillar above (4.)

Are there any more earth points? Is the BSI where I looked? What else could they be talking about?

Unfortunately the mechanic who looked at it was "never in" when I tried to speak with him about it.

Any other advice on the problem would be appreciated, as at the moment the dash is still not working.

Reply to
thekendall_1