Citroen C3 LX - New CD player/central locking problem?

I have got my self a Sony CDX-GT230 CD player for my Citroen C3 LX (03 reg). I installed it but the volume controls on the steering wheel does not work, but after 30 mins the central locking failed, it wouldn't unlock the doors.

I put the orginal original radio cassette player back in and the central locking works fine. Do I need these cables?

?partno=PC99SON

Reply to
nothing here

nothing here? 2009?9?30??? ?UTC+8??3?45?10?? ??

hi~I have the same problem on my C3, I just bought a new CD player, and the problem is same as yours, do you solve this problem yet? if you do, please tell me how to fix this issue~ many thanks~

Reply to
jamy1978

Yes, you need one of those. However, it's not quite so simple.

The CD player on the C3 (and just about every other post 2002 Citroen) is connected via multiplex CANBUS wiring to various ECUs. When you remove the original CD player, weird stuff starts to happen as you are discovering. Some cars (Berlingos) have windows that go a bit strange, and the dash display stops working. C3s do the locking and probably something you haven't noticed.

Anyway, the fix is to go to a Citroen dealer, ask him to put it on his Lexia manchine and tell the BSI (body computer?)that there is no CD player installed. It then ignores the non-standard unit, which will work fine (I have done the same on my Berlingo) and your locks etc will all work.

Your Citroen dealer will probably charge you an hours labour for doing this...

Alternatively, if you go and join the

, and ask politely - and they're all a helpful bunch there, so please be polite, many members (including me) have Lexia equipment and you should be able to find someone near enough to you that will do it for the price of a pint. If you're anywhere near Reading, I'll do it myself..

Reply to
Mike P

...and just get ever more determined not to own any bloody car with more sodding computers than are kicking around the average small office.

Reply to
Adrian

Oh I don't know. On the Berlingo/C3 level, it's not so bad. Plugging the Lexi in, as you know, will tell you pretty instantly what's wrong and save you a lot of pissing about diagnosing mystery faults - especially so with the bloody fuel system. Why the f*ck my windows have to be linked to it is a mystery though..

However connecting the Lexia up to even an early C5 is frightening, there's that much to do with it, so there I agreee.

Reply to
Long Rod von Hugendong