Citroen C5 eco mode

Hi My citroen C5 has suddenly started showing eco-mode on the dashboard display. Can anyone shed any light as to what could be causing this. Could it be a faulty battery ( it is 4 years old ). Regards

Reply to
petetop

Not the battery, normally a filter blocked or something like that, or a sensor fallen off, blocked.

Last time I had eco mode (not a C5) it was a cambelt sensor that had fallen out of place.

Also had it a few years ago which was the air airtake restricted, can't remember if the filter was knackered or blocked?. Under warranty at the time.

Reply to
PhilÅ

I thought eco mode meant economy mode, if it's the same as Peugeot's it means the vehicle may not be not charging and the vehicles electrics are gradually being shut down to save battery power. Might be worth checking the charging voltage.

Reply to
Kippers

I maybe getting my wires crossed with the Engine management light..

Sorry

Reply to
PhilÅ