citroen c5 front brake replace disc pads

Threaded View
I started this on saturday and now it monday and still not complete,
wAll components were removed ok and i managed to get a piston screw in
device but then i think i need a 5 sided socket spanner to release a
bolt than prevents the piston from turning in. Where the **** do i get
a 5 sided socket spanner for a Bosch disc brake.

robin

Re: citroen c5 front brake replace disc pads

you don't undo the five sided bolts.

mrcheerful

Re: citroen c5 front brake replace disc pads

I second what the happy one says. All the Citroens I've had just use a
bit of square bar to screw the piston back in. If you think about it,
using a bolt to prevent the piston moving is as silly as a big silly
thing where brakes are concerned. Are you turning it the right way? I'm
not taking the piss, you can get things back to front working at odd
angles.

--
Malc

Re: citroen c5 front brake replace disc pads
o/s is anticlockwise
n/s is clockwise
Dont undo the special bolt

Re: citroen c5 front brake replace disc pads

"I wonder what this does...?"

--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)

Site Timeline