Citroen picasso tyre wear.

Six months ago I had some new tyres on my picasso. Both fronts had worn on outside edges, & the steering pulled to the left, so had tracking adjusted aswell. Now both fronts have started to wear rapidly on outside edges again, & steering still pulls to the left. Took it to another tyre place for tracking, after adjustment, still pulls to the left. Took it back & they say there's a couple of mm play on the off side track rod end. Before I get this done, can anyone say if this is plausible or could the fault lie elsewhere? Alos there is a rattle on engine startup, shut off & when pulling off. Tyre place couldn't find anything, but I thought I'd mention it incase it could be related.

TIA

Reply to
Dave Griffs

Swopped both front tyres around today, now car pulls to the right. So it seems it's the abnormal tyre wear that is causing the pull. Problem is, untill I get new tyres & drive on them for a few K how can I be sure that it's tracked right. Also is a couple of mm play in the trackrod end acceptable? MOT next week anyway, so hopefully if this is a problem it should fail, or at least get an advisory.

Reply to
Dave Griffs

If it's really anywhere near that then no. But a couple of mm is a hell of a lot, that's in clicking & clunking territory.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

No clicking & clunking, so may be that's exaggerated. I think the 2 mm was measured at the wheel edge, not the trackrod itself, would this be acceptable? I always remember kwikfit trying to con me for a new steering rack 15 years ago, for a small amount of play there, yet the tyres wore perfectly & it never failed an MOT, they must have thought I was young & naive.

Reply to
Dave Griffs

If it's worn like that then it'll give you some tyre wear. Wind some lock on so you can reach the track rod end & see if it flops about, if it's dead easy to move then they're telling the truth & it's cheaper than tyres.

Reply to
Duncan Wood