citroen start problems

My citroen xantia has developed an intermittent fault It starts ok and drives and when I switch off and try to restart -dead as a dodo. Leave it 30-45 minutes reset immobiliser and it will start. New battery fitted in case but still same problem any thoughts john

Reply to
oldcandleco

Start it, disconnect the immobiliser and then see if it happens again.

Reply to
malc

Many thanks but how do I disconnect immobiliser john

Reply to
oldcandleco

If you prize out the immobiliser panel from the centre console you should find a plug on the bottom. When the engine is running pull the plug. This should disable the immobiliser

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc