Citroen ZX 1.9TD Threshing Noise

Does anyone know where I can start to look for the reason my ZX now makes a threshing/swooshing noise all the time. It seems to increase as the revs increase though only marginally. Anyone know where I should Start looking? It still drives 120% but this noise makes me worry for the worst!!!

Reply to
Simon

Open up the bonnet and have a listen. I use a sort of stethoscope made out of a bit of garden hose - but be careful not to get it too near 'owt that moves!!

Might turn out to be something like a drive belt, or alternator bearing or some such from your description, although I don't know these cars.

Reply to
R. Murphy

What's this, a host of ZX failures? Look in the thread down there |

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Look where sorry?

Reply to
Sidmon

The thread labelled Citroen ZX noise or Citroen ZX threshing noise

HTH

Reply to
Malc

That was sent by me, but dodnt really have anything of any real use. I think it could be the alternator bearing, how can I test if its this without taking off the alternator or belt!

Reply to
Sidmon

Is the noise at the front offside? There is a belt tensioner where the bearings can get noisy and the lubricant washed away by water and dirt. May be that? Sounds like beads rattling increasing with the revs.

Reply to
Brownie