Citroen ZX central locking

Hi, I've just bought a ZX 1.9D Aura 1993. I've noticed in the original documentation I got with the car there is a code number for remote central locking. I didn't get a remote keyfob with the car but I have noticed the sensor inside.

With this code number can I go to a Citroen dealer (or somewhere else?) and get a new remote 'tuned' to my car? Or is it likely that the remote sensor packed up and so the remote keyfob was chucked?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

JB.

Reply to
jimbob

IIRC you have to buy the remote and sensor together, you can't 'tune' a remote to a sensor. Around £100 from

Tony Bond

Thanks, don't think I'll bother with that then..

But why has someone written down the remote control number along with the radio code, chassis number etc.. in the original logbook? I assumed you have a code number so you can replace the remote if it packs up or you lose it?

Thanks.

JB.

Reply to
jimbob

The number for the r c locking is there so you can go to the main dealer with the right code number and he can charge you £100 for the privelage. If you didn't have the code number you would have to change all the locks - with a new key fob.

Swings and roundabouts!!

Reply to
Krystnors

They're IR rather than radio and a pain, you have to point it at the sensor just so, half the time i just use the key, it's less hassle!

JH

Reply to
JH