Citroen ZX Queries

I'd be grateful for some advice over two problems with my 96 ZX 1.4i

The reversing lights do not work when reverse gear is selected. Sometimes they come on after a few seconds but if they car is taken out of reverse gear they don't come back on again when it's re-selected.

The clutch was replaced last year when my mother in law owned the car, she doesn't know if the problem started after that. I presume it will be case of replacing the gearbox switch. It looks quite accessible. Is it adjustable or just a case of fitting a new one?

Secondly the central locking works fine using the key in the drivers door lock. But, if the plipper is used, the doors lock and then unlock immediately except for the drivers door button which does not move at all. As it works okay with the key I presume the actuator must be okay, and the fault must lie in the wiring. I know that the wiring in the area between the A pillar and drivers door causes problems. Would this be a good location to start looking, or am I way off mark with this diagnosis?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Reply to
Doctor D.

This is common Pug/Cit problem. The Driver's door lock mechanism has dried up, and needs some lubrication. If you take the door card off, and spray some WD40/Duck oil around the area, lock and unlock repeatedly, you'll sort it. I've had to do this on two ZX's and a 405 and it works wonders. the problem is the driver's lock button which is sticking.

Good luck

Many thanks. I'll start there!

Reply to
Doctor D.