Citron Saxo 1.1

Hi How do I remove old break shoes and fit new ones on a Citron Saxo 1.1 I do not have the manual. Thanks Stan the Man

Reply to
Stan the Man

without sounding rude, to be honest if you have to ask id take it to a garage to be done, or at least buy a haynes manual to get an idea.

Reply to
reg

No your not rude just been asked to fit new shoes by a friend. I have been an Eng Tech for 32 yr In that time i have been able to fix most things.From a leaking tap to £1000.000 Centrifuge But i hate working on cars Just needed pointing in the right direction.not done a car with Shoes for many many years. But if you don't know that all right I will get a haynes manual Stan the Man

Reply to
Stan the Man

Not sure about Saxo's but the principle is the same for any drums.

As with any drums the worst bit is trying to unexpand the shoes.

As the shoe overall diameter has to be smaller than the little lip around the drum, that has been formed by the drum wearing, and the shoes expanding to take up for the wear.

Release the handbrake cable.

Then if its got an adjusting mech to take up for shoe wear, try to release this.

As long as the shoe overall dia is smaller than the drum lip dia, then the drum will come off.

Reply to
luke58

oh i know how to do it, its my job repairing light vehicles, but all rear brakes to a certain degree vary in design & fitment. you have to remove the rear brake drum, but citroens & renaults are notorious for the drums being a pain in the arse to remove, they either pull the bearing apart or rip the rear shoes from the back plate, damaging the securing pins and clips. it is eaiser to look in a manual if your not familiar with them.rather then giving a detailed strip down here.

Reply to
reg