Clean wheels

What's a good way of keeping alloys (mine are 17 inch 7J) cleaner, including on the inside? Not just the usual brake dust and mud, but also tar spots. There are so many products that it's impossible to try them all. Or just a good coating of old-fashioned wax?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

In message , Peter Twydell writes

I go to a hand car wash staffed by Swarthy Forriners, who do a great job for £3, but I give 'em 4. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

In message , Gordon H writes

Sounds very noble, but what I was asking was how to *keep* them clean(er). This is the type:

Peter Twydell

A good strong detergent, sprayed on to the wheels from a willy wonker bottle let soak them wash off. even if you use a brush to work the detergent in better. (I use a high pressure wash with detergent to get mine clean)

Reply to
Rob

Wax & do it regularly.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , Duncan Wood writes

Thanks for actually reading the question.

Reply to
Peter Twydell