cleaning sooty plugs

Is it possible to clean up plugs covered in soot? They're otherwise undamaged. Would wet-or-dry paper on the electrodes do?

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

Yes to both.

Reply to
Conor

Bonus, ta! That's sixteen spare plugs then :-D

Reply to
James Dore

I'll probably get a grilling for this, but...

Modern spark plugs shouldn't be cleaned, only replaced. I think I read this in my workshop manual, but maybe on here. I don't know if anybody knows any more about this?

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Modern spark plugs can be cleaned, it's the palladium etc types you are meant to be careful with ie. no sandpaper. The ones in my 205D need cleaned all the time...........

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Diesel? Spark plugs?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Stick them back in a working engine - that'll soon burn off the soot.

Or use a gas blowlamp - same thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)