Cleaning Transit cab flooring rubber

tyre paint ?

Reply to
bongo

Can anyone please advise how to clean the moulded floor and gearbox rubber mat that is fitted to my motorcaravan Mark 3 Transit in preparation for selling?

It has a deeply patterned texture all over it and several years of grime have become embedded in it. The usual commercial cleaners don't seem to work and even soap and water and a brush have failed to produce a really good result. It looks wonderful whilst it is still wet but when it dries out it remains dull and mucky looking.

Eric

Reply to
Cire

Neat traffic film remover and a stiff brush first, then allow to dry.

Then one of the better NON-silicone type vinyl / back to black type treatments.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

"Tim (remove obvious)" wrote in message news:avudnZ0XxJsxC snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

TFR is the best option. Give it a good scrub, but I personally then dry as much of it of as possible, before giving it another scrub, and keep repeating until the TFR you're drying of doesn't contain any visible dirt. Follow that with some normal soapy water to get rid of the TFR residue (it'll dry to leave a white/grey mark which may not come off).

TFR is good, as ifyou put a nice layer on, it'll dissolve the dirt, so it won't need much scrubbing. Most of the time a sponge is more than enough to aggiate the dirt and get it off.

Reply to
M Cuthill

The message from "Cire" contains these words:

I used to throw a tarpaulin over the soft furnishings and jetwash the floors of my minibuses.

Reply to
Guy King

For tough assignment involving uncommon material like this, you may need uncommon cleaning solution, which is best sought from a professional cleaner, who may not necessarily be related to the motor trade. Thankfully there are many free advice centres on the web. So, these could be tried first. For example, the basic info here is useful.

Cleaning BBS may well be the one that provides you with the bestsolution. Another one is:

Lin Chung

Nah, old fashioned boot polish :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Same way you wash your MTB tyres after Devilla Moray ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

Well, thanks, folks, there's certainly some varied solutions there.

Eric

Reply to
Cire

TFR? can you please let me know what that is?

Eric

Reply to
Cire

The message from "Cire" contains these words:

Traffic Film Remover.

Reply to
Guy King