Clio 1.5 DCi 65 srvice intervals?

Can anyone tell me the normal service intervals for this please, plus the normal replacement interval for the timing belt? My daughter is thinking of getting one, and a bit of information would be helpful. If she does get one I will invest in a Haynes manual, but not just on spec.

Reply to
Brian

I believe Renault are on the ridiculous 20k intervals on even the diesels now. If you plan to keep the car any length of time, you would be well advised to do a yearly (or 10k whichever is first) oil change.

Bear in mind you will want a pocket full of EGR valves (and some extended warranty) as they dont last long!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

yearly is advisable, belts every 5 years or 72k whichever comes first (if either of them do)

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks, agree 20k is far too long. Does anyone just blank off the EGR system if it is so unreliable? On my 407 HDi it has been disconnected for some time now, and no problems.

Reply to
Brian

Are you suggesting it won't last 5 years or 72k? Or will the owner be fed up with it by then? The one she had her eye on was 3.5 years old, with 45k on the clock.

Reply to
Brian

Why? Plenty said that when change intervals were extended from 1000 to

3000 miles. And 3000 to 6000. And so on. Yet modern engines last far longer than ever.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...just at the time when you tend to dispose of these... (thought you were talking about a new one)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Yes Me.

But not on this car. Mine is an old style Diseasel.

EGR bits cost more than the car value.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Sorry, should have made it more clear, daughter looking at what she can afford.

Reply to
Brian

As a rule avoid Clio's and Punto's then.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I have driven a Metro for the last three years as an everyday run about, it came free as an MoT failure, repairs cost less than a hundred including MoT, nearest thing to a breakdown was when the cambelt tensioner failed (it warned me first), apart from oil, filters and a new set of plugs it has had no maintenance in that time. Now that is cheap motoring, and I'll bet insurance for a youngster would be cheap too.

Reply to
MrCheerful

The message from "MrCheerful" contains these words:

And they're not a bad drive, either, provided the rear suspension sandwich hasn't come undone.

Reply to
Guy King

And a pleasant car to drive. Pity about the 'street cred' though, so unlikely to appeal to a youngster.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

daft really, I mean, my first road car was an Austin A40, I don't remember caring what other people drove in the slightest, mine went in all weathers which was rare in those days.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Depending on your age now, just having *any* car when young gave you street cred.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)