Clio fuel cut-off?

Clio M-reg 1.4 RT auto (3-speed) SPI.

The wife's bumped her car (cracked numberplate and a bit cross is all) but the sodding thing won't start. The handbook makes no mention of a FI cutoff, but I suppose there must be one somewhere. The Haynes says it's on the left bulkhead. Can't see anything suitable.

Anyone found one? And if so, any chance of a picture.

I'm assuming that's what it is...though the engine won't turn over, which is odd. Perhaps it's something like the gearbox interlock's dropped off.

Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Guy King

Does anything electrical work?

Is the battery near the front bumper?

Has the battery pos lead or earth lead shook loose, or the power supply to the starter?

Just a few thoughts is all ....

Reply to
R. Murphy

The message from "R. Murphy" contains these words:

Yes, everything except the starter.

Not particularly...and anyway, everything else's OK.

Nah.

I've had a chance to talk calmly to her now and it appears that the engine didn't stop on impact, she was able to move it to the roadside and wan't aware that it wouldn't restart.

I'll have to go investigate the autobox interlock first, I s'pose.

Reply to
Guy King

Well, it was obviously sulking 'cos this morning it's fine! Moody bloody French buggy.

Reply to
Guy King