Clio II - Brake Disc holding screws

Does anybody know what type of head these have ?

I thought it was Torx, but I've tried T30, which is too small, and T40 which is too big.

Reply to
Paul S

If it looks like a Torx and is bigger than T30 and smaller than T40, then it will be T35.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Or it was T40 and rust has taken a hold.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

The message from snipped-for-privacy@anyone.plus.com(Paul S) contains these words:

Press plasticene into the hole and take the impression to the shop.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news:3130303034323739465CB10B36 @zetnet.co.uk:

The last time I did an impression using plasticene I got slapped :-)

Reply to
Tunku

It was a T40 after all. I checked with a Renault dealer. My bit was poorly manufactured, with a straight shank instead of tapered.

Bought a T40 Torx Screwdriver from Halfords tonight for £4.99. Lovely big handle on it, and fitted perfectly. Did the job eventually, but I still had to use heat, and give the area around the screw a good tap.

Reply to
Paul S