Clio sunroof leak - fix anyone?

Hello everyone.

I've had a 98reg Clio Biarritz with a sunroof for a few months now and over the past few weeks the sunroof has started to leak quite badly after it has been raining. Whenever I go round a corner a stream of water pours from the sunroof handle right onto my lap (or the passenger's). Nice.

Has anybody had this problem and successfully corrected it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

FT.

Reply to
Fred Titmus

Water leaks are a standard feature of all crap french cars. Get used to it or get a proper car.

James fo Sunderland

Reply to
James

Start by making sure the drainage holes and pipes are clear. Then check the seal carefully.

Reply to
TimM

Take a look here

should do the job nicely.. sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

My wife had exactly this problem with her 96 Clio. At its worst, we resorted to wearing our raincoats in the car. Replacing the seals twice didn't fix the problem, in the end she had a new sunroof fitted at a cost of £500.

My advice is carry a towel in the car, and come summer when the weather is dry, get rid of the car.

Stewart Gardiner

Reply to
Stewart Gardiner

In article , Stewart Gardiner writes

That seems a bit extreme! I had a leaking roof on a Sierra and fixed it by sealing it shut using Silicone sealant. Easy and effective.

Reply to
Chris

It's simply blocked drainholes, in most cars the sunroof seal isn't designed to keep out 100% of the water, thats what the drains are for....

If blocked, the gutter then overflows into the car....

Reply to
chris

In article , chris writes

Well ... it may or may not be blocked drain holes. It wasn't in the case of my fifteen year old Sierra. I checked them carefully - and tested with a watering can. Sealing the roof worked.

Reply to
Chris

When I had a N reg clio, I had the same problem. Water was dripping from the sunroof handle area, it wasn't that bad so I left it and just got to it. My friend who also had a clio P reg had the exact same problem. She took it to renault and they replaced some kinda rubber tube around the sunroof area, they had to remove the whole sunroof unit. It solved the problem, so I took mine in and it was sorted.

Reply to
Melvin Li

The message from "Melvin Li" contains these words:

Don't suppose there's any chance of it being a free fix?

Reply to
Guy King