CLK Mercedes tire pressure monitoring/inflation

A friend has a very recent CLK cabriolet that has tire presure monitoring from the cabin. I can cope with how this works.

But he tells me it also auto-inflates the tyres if the pressures are low.

WTF? I'm struggling to believe this - and if it is real - how the hell have they done it? Surely a system such as that would be susceptible to leaks! Or is that *why* they have done it - it leaks so much i thas to auto-inflate ;-)

ANyone??

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

He's either completely misunderstood what his system does, or he's lying and relying on other people's supposed ineptitude to believe him. Given that someone with such a car is likely to be in a upper mangement position, I would suggest the former.

Someone else on a forum also recently swore blind that their friend with a Merc had a radar detector that told him when the Gatso they were passing was out of film (which is also complete bollocks, obviously). I wonder if this could be the same Merc driver... :)

Reply to
Lordy

He's talking utter crap - we've got to the bottom of it. It's got slime in the tyres and an onboard compressor. What a con.

20 quid tops.

It's a 1 grand option.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

AFAIK a hummer has tyres that reinflate themselves. Don't know how though.

Reply to
MrCheerful

They stuff small Cuban immigrants into each wheel with a stirrup pump.

Reply to
Scott M

Lordy ( snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You would? Maybe I've just worked in different places to you....

Reply to
Adrian