Clutch squeal !!!!

Hi Having just bought a used car with a 12 month warranty and after 3 weeks use I've got this occasional squeal when I let the clutch out a bit sharpish. It doesn't happen every time but when I took it back to the garage I got charged forty-eight quid as they couldn't hear or replicate the problem.

Pity really, as I can hear it almost every day at 'occasional' times. I'm fairly sure this will be the thrust bearing but I'm really at my wit's end as the 1999 car cost me £3,750. Any ideas, suggestions or what the likely cost will be when the warranty runs out?

Thanks

Reply to
Alan

They charged you £48 to say nothing is wrong? I can hear alarm bells...

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

you dont say what model ect it is , but it sounds like the spigot bush in the flywheel.......i'll only charge you a fiver for that ;o)

Reply to
reg

Thanks four the five quid Spigot Bush but does that include fitting as I thought the engine would have to be removed!!!!

The car is a 1999 Renault Sport Elise

Reply to
Alan

I think the big problem might be you appear to have two cars - a Renault and a Lotus!

Which car has the faulty clutch - start with that ;-)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Dan delaMare-Lyon ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Well, Renault use "Alize" as a trim level...

There was a "Sport Alize" Megane. The old bland shape at that age, of course, rather than the one with the arse - who in their right mind would pay that much for one of them? There were Clio Alize, but they weren't "Sport". Still massively overpriced.

It's probably a ChavClio.

OTOH, if he paid £3,750 for a '99 Elise... - does the garage have any more?

Reply to
Adrian

Whoops!! Mis-read the form.

The car this time ;-) is a:

1999 Renault Megane 1.6 RT Sport . Mileage: 66291 miles on the clock. And bought from a reputable company.

Many thanks for correcting me

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Alan ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You paid £3,750 for that?

Can I interest you in a bridge?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

You do dentistry?

Reply to
Guy King

it is probably the cushion spring thing in the middle of the clutch plate, many cars develop this, it is probably not directly covered under guarantee, BUT IF the clutch is covered by warrantee for wearing out (check first), then slip the clutch a lot till it is worn out, then get that done under warrantee.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks Guys

You've just made my day....................

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Yes, you've paid roughly twice what you should have for some unreliable, dull as ditchwater, heap of s**te built by some lazy cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Reply to
SteveH

They may be surrender monkeys, but they do know how to burn up a motorway, usually with lambs.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray