Cobra Alarm

I have just fitted a Cobra 3193 alarm to my MX5 (and it works!!). I want to add the Cobra 5460 Micrwave sensor, but it is not obvious how to wire it up.

The alarm has additional wires for connecting extra sensors there is a Black/pink, (labelled additional sensor input) a grey (labelled external ultrasonic) and a brown (labelled additional module) the manual makes specific reference to adding a microwave sensor.

The 5460 has 4 wires comming off it into a telephone type plug (about half the size of a phone connector) but there is no way to plug it directly into the master unit, the wires on the sensor are 1 x brown, 1 x red, 1 x blue and 1 x white.

Does anybody have any idea how to marry these two units up?

Reply to
dinky

What is the "specific reference" made in the alarm manual?

Does the manual for the sensor say what the wires are for?

Reply to
David Taylor

This is exactly my dilema, the manual says simply that a microwvae sensor "may" be added there is no further guidance than that. Ibought the 5460 2nd hand and that sadly has no insrtuctions either, although I assume with the correct model it would be a simple case of plug and play.

So really its back to basics trying to estblish if any connectivity is workable from the above.

Reply to
dinky

Basically they usually just have a plug that goes in the back of the main alarm unit. If the main alarm unit doesn't have said connector then it doesn't support it.

Reply to
Conor