Cobra Parking sensor (not again!!!)

Hi All,

I've recently had a tow bar fitted and have a Cobra Parking Sensor system fitted to the car. I have disconnected sensor 2 and 3 from the black 'box' but when I try reversing I still get the beeping sounds.

I have no instructions as I bought the car 2nd hand. I've tried disconnecting the power lead to the black box but no change. I've also tried contacting Cobra but they have not replied.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Reply to
colin.chapple

The message from snipped-for-privacy@glencore.co.uk contains these words:

What are you trying to achieve? It's not clear whether you want to make it work, stop it working, make it work without beeping or what.

Reply to
Guy King

Ok, well I want to keep the parking sensors enabled but currently the parking sensors pick up the new tow bar I have had fitted.

I has disconnected sensor 2 and 3 nearest the towbar and put the car into reverse. Despite the sensors nearest the towbar being disconnected the sytem still beeps away.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there a way of resetting the system or something similar?

As I said, I have no instructions and have no idea whether you can simply disconnect a sensor and the system works fine or you need to reset or reboot or whatever..?

Reply to
Big Col

Disconnect the power from the control unit. That will be the lump the sensors plug into. If it's an aftermarket one it will be fed from the reversing lights.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Big Col" contains these words:

Oh, right. I'd move 'em further apart.

Reply to
Guy King

You'll have to move them into the tow bar, then. And keep them clear of the hitch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)