Corsa 1.7D 1997 eating drive belts

Is there a knack or known problem with the alternator belts on this engine (1.7D isuzu non turbo) ? Seems to be eating belts, Ive fitted 2 in the last month, i adjust by slackening off the two alternator mounting bolts and the adjuster bolts (doesnt seem to adjust if i dont undo the mount bolts - maybe a problem ?)

whats the correct way to adjust them ? - incidently the other belt is fine

mark

Reply to
luna

Buy a genuine belt, often pattern belts are supplied at the right length but wrong V width.

I had the same problem until I put on a genuine belt (which is not expensive)

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

cheers, im starting to think this is the case , the V didnt look right

Reply to
luna
10 quid for the vauxhall part, just got one at dinnertime - i'll see how i get on

cheers

Reply to
luna

Yet you fitted it anyway, then wondered why it failed? :)

CoyoteBoy

heh, when i bought it the belt was worn, and tbh the one ive just bought looks like the one i recently put on ;p

Reply to
luna

I have had the same problem on the same car, the pattern parts are s**te, spend £7.44 IIRC on the genuine Vauxhall belt and don't over stretch it when fitting, but expect to nip it up after a couple of days.

But IMX they do seem to get thought them at a fair rate.

Reply to
Tom Burton