Corsa

Hi all. 3yr old 1.2 corsa its going in for its 60.000 service, in the drivers service booklet it says replace "ribbed belt" now is that the timeing belt

tia..

Reply to
JB

no, the ribbed belt is the one for the alternator.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It doesn't matter. At 60k, if it hasn't been done or you don't know if it has been done then get the timing belt replaced before it goes twang.

Reply to
gazzafield

I think you'll find it has a chain!

Reply to
Peat

Well it'll be all right then won't it?! Christ, even though OP obviously didn't know this. Some people, always up on their high horse.

Reply to
gazzafield

what do you mean a chain ?

Reply to
JB

Funny how things can come across, but I didn't find that comment patronising or condescending one little bit - just informing someone that it was chain driven.

Though I certainly wouldn't take it as gospel....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Your engine does not have a cambelt, it has a camchain. In practical terms these may outlast the car. The ribbed belt replacement is merely a precaution against annoying roadside failure.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful