Corsa back door struts

The Missus has a 54 Corsa, and the boot won't stay up in the air. I had a quick look this morning and can't see how the struts attatch to the door. Can anyone tell me how to get them off, is renewal straightforward, any tips? TIA, |P

Reply to
goodolpete

The usual system is either a clip that slides to release the ball, or a tiny pin with a loop on it, or some just ping off the ball with no extra retainer. I have even known some people to unscrew the ball from the door or body to get the strut off.

Look at the new ones and you will quickly see the method in your case.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not quite what you asked, but hopefully helpful. When our Focus II gas struts stopped working, I looked around and came across Struts Direct

- I contacted them and they didn't have specs for my model, but asked me to send both the struts to them and they'd give me a new pair in return (along with my original ones). So far they've done well, and their prices appear much cheaper than OEM parts. I presume they used my parts to measure, check the specifications, and then list it on their website.

Worth taking a look at them if you're looking to purchase new struts.

David Hearn