Corsa DTCs

I have a 2010 corsa diesel which has a problem in that it goes into limp home mode after a few seconds of high power use, the service light comes on whilst driving.

Unfortunately the OBD2 port has been graunched so I cannot get a reader to plug in.

However opel derived cars do have an older diagnostic mode accessed by switching on the ignition with both throttle and brake depresses then counting a series of service light flashes. The problem is that this gives a 4 digit code that is not the same as the OBD2 codes. Typically starting with 6, e.g. 6352. I cannot find an interpretation online so has anyone ideas?

AJH

Reply to
news

This?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

this ays how to interpret the flashes:

MrCheerful

I only saw the top bit with the list of codes, cba to read the rest !! never mind.

Reply to
MrCheerful
[...]

That was in the post I linked to!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yes I saw that but it doesn't answer the question of how the digits obtained from the flashes correspond with the obd2 codes.

There are a couple of posters with similar outputs of 4 digits starting with 6 and one guy also notices the flashes are not the same length.

I am beginning to form the opinion that this method is a relic and the output may have no discernable meaning.

I'll see if the obd2 port can be replaced.

AJH

Reply to
news
[...]

They would be identical numeric values surely?

There appears to be some vehicles of identical model where it works, and others where it doesn't.

Perhaps if the vehicle has had an ECU update in its lifetime, the new software removes the facility.

That would be the best solution. If it was mine, I'd look to get the port and wiring from a scrapper, and splice it in.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It doesn't seem so. The Engine codes are P0??? but a number of us are reading 6???, the forum suggests the first digit being zero would count 10 flashes.

Yes that's the current plan

AJH

Reply to
news