Corsa rear brake pipes

Hi

I recently struggled to remove the load sensing valve on my 94 Corsa so I chopped the four brake pipes near to the valve. Now I need to either replace the pipes or put joins in as I probably can't put a fitting on the pipes now. Which is the best course of action? Are there any factory made up pipes or do you have to make them yourself. I have a flaring tool which has options of female, single male and double flare. Which type of flare do you use for these pipes? Thanks for any help!!

Jon

Reply to
jsee

Hi

I've had a battle with the load sensor valve on my Corsa. I've had to chop the brake pipes off as they were seized at the 4 unions. My questions are:

1) Which is the best course of action- renew all the four brake pipes or chop in and make up the difference?

2)Do you have to make these pipes yourself or can you buy them factory made?

3) I have a Laser (=A325) 10piece flaring tool kit which states that it is no use for steel. The existing pipes look like steel, is this correct, are the originals made of steel? If so I won't be able to chop in to the pipe runs as I'll need to flare them.

4) The kit states that it produces female, single male and double flare types of flare. Which one do you use for the rear brakes?

Thanks to any replies!!

Jon

Reply to
jsee

I've had a battle with the load sensor valve on my Corsa. I've had to chop the brake pipes off as they were seized at the 4 unions. My questions are:

1) Which is the best course of action- renew all the four brake pipes or chop in and make up the difference?

2)Do you have to make these pipes yourself or can you buy them factory made?

3) I have a Laser (=A325) 10piece flaring tool kit which states that it is no use for steel. The existing pipes look like steel, is this correct, are the originals made of steel? If so I won't be able to chop in to the pipe runs as I'll need to flare them.

4) The kit states that it produces female, single male and double flare types of flare. Which one do you use for the rear brakes?

Thanks to any replies!!

Jon

Reply to
jayseeblue

I've had a battle with the load sensor valve on my Corsa. I've had to chop the brake pipes off as they were seized at the 4 unions. My questions are:

1) Which is the best course of action- renew all the four brake pipes or chop in and make up the difference?

2)Do you have to make these pipes yourself or can you buy them factory made?

3) I have a Lase (=A325) 10piece flaring tool kit which states that it is no use for steel. The existing pipes look like steel, is this correct, are the originals made of steel? If so I won't be able to chop in to the pipe runs as I'll need to flare them.

[...]

davidgladwin

[...]

Yes

either

Correct

The same as the old ones.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Go to the main dealer. They should be able to get you pre-bent brake pipes for your car, and they may not be all that expensive.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable