Corsa windscreen washer pump

My wife's Y reg Corsa 1.2 washer has stopped working. I've checked the fuse and it isn't blown. I'm fully prepared to buy the Haynes manual and change the pump, but Is it a simple job for a guy who hasn't done any car mechanics for ages? Is there something else I should check before I'm certain it's the pump? How much roughly should a little three man garage across the road charge for the job parts and labour? Thanks In Advance, !P

Reply to
I Podius

That's only half the job. You need to check volts are getting to it when the switch is operated and that the ground is good too.

It depends where it is - if easily accessible should be a simple job. If buried somewhere more difficult.

See above. Other way is to disconnect it and run a temporary supply direct from the battery to see if it runs.

Ask them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The pump is easy to see IIRC and no tools are needed, It just pushes into the bottle. A garage would likely charge a tenner plus bits.

Reply to
MrCheerful

SNIP

I see it now! How does the clip holding the power feed come off.... i don't want to force it and break it? |P

Reply to
I Podius

it will either have a little metal clip that you depress or just pull off

Reply to
MrCheerful

If it is the same as on my old shape Corsa (S-Reg) it just pulls off....

Don't be shy...

Make sure you wash out the bottle while you are at it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton