Corsa wipers going slow

Daughter rang last night and said her 04 1.3 cdti corsa windscreen wipers had started only working slowly. Before I head over for a look anyone had this problem before. If it means a new wiper motor mechanism how easy to change and anyone an idea of cost.

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

Does she mean that only the slow speed position works, or are they generally slow in all speeds?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Slow in all speeds

Reply to
Bob Dodds

A drop of oil on the spindles? Possibly they are seizing.

Reply to
John

Thanks that was my first thought but I asked on here first in case there were known problems with these. I'll find out more when I get there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

Yes found really bad alloy corrosion, once I got the wipers and covers off. Cleaned off the worst then release oil and finally normal oil got them working.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds