cost of replacing tyres

Hi,

I was thinking of buying some winter tyres from the internet and getting a local garage to fit them! For fitting tyres I supply myself, I have been quoted £10 per wheel. Is this about right? I am in the Midlands.

TIA. Fred

Reply to
Fred

I'd tell you to piss off and get the place that sold them to you to fit them.

Reply to
Spasticus Autisticus

Visit your local ATS ... I got better prices for a friend's car by visiting than they had on the internet or that I could find on the internet (in this case for 4 Dunlops).

Tyre places charge around £10 for fitting, valve and balancing when they supply. If you buy the tyres elsewhere they can charge you what they like.

Cheers Charles

Reply to
Charles

£10 per wheel is a reasonable price going by my experience.
Reply to
Douglas Payne

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

My local independant is about £12 so £10 seems good.

Reply to
Joseph