CVH Head questions

I have a Ford 1600 CVH with the 88SM6090 Hemi Head on it. I have just bought a skimmed (to about 11:1 C/R) Lean Burn head because it has a Kent 22 cam in it. But I have some questions which I hope someone out here can answer.

1) Could I bolt the lean burn head straight onto the block I have (assuming I fit new gaskets obviously)? 2) Given that a standard lean burn head produces slightly (about 6HP) less power as standard than the hemi, will the fact that it is skimmed make up for that and give me more power than I would get by simply swapping the camshaft into my original hemi head?

Thanks

Will

Reply to
William Moore

read my website.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Dabe B is your man for this.

I would comment however that you're going to have to run super unleaded and ideally fully mapped igntion to get good drivability / no pinking with a

11:1 CR- thats abit on the high side.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l