Cycle rack for a Clio - recommendation please

I want to get a cycle rack for my T reg Clio that will not mark the car. One that hangs over the boot.

Any ideas please. As you may know above the tailgate is a metal/plastic strip that may be distorted by the appliance. Want avoid that.

Reply to
LAB

I would try looking at Thule's UK website to see what they offer - their Freeway 968 might be worth a look, or you may want to concentrate on a towball-mounted rack. I just bought some roof bars from them and can vouch for the quality (and price, erk!).

You could perhaps also do a search through the message archive on

to see what turns up. Bike racks are discussed fairly often there.

Becky (I only just came across this newsgroup, looks useful too)

Reply to
Rebecca Taylor

The message from LAB contains these words:

Aldi have one for £20 at the moment.

Reply to
Guy King

Don't some of their forum's just go straight to uk.rec.cycling or something?

Reply to
Doki

IMHO any rack which hangs over the boot will tend to mark the car to some extent (but not necessarily as bad as on my friend's BMW, down to the bare metal - ouch!) . If you really want to avoid any damage, fit a tow bar and buy a tow bar mounted rack. For a good quality rack, you won't go far wrong with Pendle

, but you tend not to find them in the major stores. Pendle tow-bar racks take about 30 secs to mount and are rock solid.

This is *not* the cheapest option, but then neither is having the rear hatch re-sprayed..........

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles