Damp Fiesta 1.25 LX

Never thought to ask this on here before - so here goes.

Wifey has a Ford Fiesta 1.25 LX '98 model with a sunroof. In the wintertime the glass completely "mists" up while the car is parked overnight.

Perhaps "mists up" is the wrong description - the glass gets so wet that you can wring a leather wiper/sponge out!

There are no signs of leaks around the sunroof - which seemed to be the most obvious point of entry - and the seats show no telltail signs of getting damp/wet. One further point is that when she opens the tailgate - she has to watch out because sometimes water pours out of the tailgate drainage holes onto her head - and I can't locate where THIS water is coming from either!

Perhaps the two events are linked?

All thoughts appreciated.

Reply to
Paul King

I've re-read this - and just to clarify - I mean *ALL* of the glass (windscreen/sides/back) !

Reply to
Paul King

Do you use the car's heater a lot? Or has the car been parked in a place where the sun has been shining directly on it in the evening? Warm air inside the car will condense on the inside of the screen if it's cold outside.

Jetsonik

Hi If the car has the wind up type...ie...not tilt and slide.... then the leak WILL BE coming in at the hinges at the front. Un-Clip the latch at the rear with the little red plastic clip and lift the glass out.. remove the trim around the sunroof at the front... remove the 4 screws holding in the plastic hinge guides.....mark them .. they have a left and right...... completely dry out in around this closure with a heat gun and then clean the guides and apply liberal amount of sealer on the mating face and re-install using NEW bolts....M4x20. The biggest problem is removing the old bolts.. they will be rusted away.... If your car has a tilt and glide sunroof then I have wasted time typing the above !

JK (PS) Remember when buying a car.... that... "HENRY FORD... HE MADE WALKING A PLEASURE" and the following also "THE CAR IN FRONT IS A TOYOTA"

Reply to
JK

It is a "wind-up" type, and I'll take a look over the weekend, thanks.

However, as I said in the OP, there's no signs of ingress around the sunroof, nor onto the seating below :-( But the pointer *IS* appreciated :-)

Reply to
Paul King

If the windows are that wet, there's water lying somewhere. Check under the boot floor, rear seat, and under the carpets all round. My SD1 had a foot of water in the spare wheel well before I sealed up the tail lights.;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman