Dashboard lights - how to access?

I've had some light bulbs blow in the dashboard illumination display on my 1996 Audi cabriolet 2.6. How do I access the light bulbs behind the dashboard displays?

Reply to
Alex Buell

:-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Hope you are not posting from personal experience...

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cruel

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Search the US audi boards for details, but pull the steering wheel all the way towards you & all the way down. Remove the screw from the left hand end of the top trim above the cluster (it's underneath), pull the end slightly towards you & then out to the left. YOu can now undo the screws that hold the cluster in place & tip it forwards, enabling you to change all the bulbs without disconnecting anything. Takes about 5 minutes. Or you can follow the official & Haynes instructions to remove the steering wheel but that way lies madness.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Take ages with one of those, you want the bargain of the decade

that I'm bitter about the amount I paid)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:17:56 +0100, I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of Duncan Wood:

Thanks, that's helpful. Unlike the others(!)

Reply to
Alex Buell

Perhaps, because you forgot the magic word in your first post?

HTH

Reply to
The Legend

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:51:44 GMT, I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of The Legend:

Oh, the word "please"? I do apologise, my dear chaps...

Reply to
Alex Buell

Be sure to let the group know how successful you are with this method. Failing dashboard illumination seems to be endemic in Audis of a certain age. Especially the bulb that illuminates speeds up to 45 mph!

Reply to
Hooch

Haynes is madness. I did a water pump the other day - it was a nice and simple job. The haynes method would have had me removing the alternator...

Reply to
Doki