Decent Dat NAv system anyone?

Can any of you motorists recommend to me a decent/cheap sat nav system that is easy to fit/portable and does the job nicely?

Thanks

Reply to
skint

Not seen one in the flesh, but this might be one of the cheapest options=20 available now...

Gizmondo - =A3199 - the car kit costs about =A340 more though :-(

--=20 Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails

**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****
Reply to
Colin Wilson

Try this Palm Zire 31 system; being PDA based it's totally portable and you get a cool PDA into the bargain! My wife has one; she's no computer expert but manages, and she can find her way anywhere with this. It takes all of five minutes to take out the car kit and put it in another car, and you just unplug & unclip the PDA when you leave the car. £189. You won't get anything cheaper than that. Only criticism is that the voice is only just loud enough, but you can plug in a normal set of personal stereo speakers to get more volume.

(no, I don't sell them, just a satisfied customer)

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I use an Ipaq with TomTom5 and a Bluetooth GPS unit. Has the advantage that I can use the Ipaq for other things and of course it's completely portable - great for walking too :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Garmin i3 - 199 quid from maplin / pcworld, will take speed camera data.

Had mine a month - it's ace.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I haven't used any others, but the TomTom go 300 I've got is a quality bit of kit. It comes with all the bits too - i.e. Windscreen mount, car charger etc.

If you don't want the PDA functionality, this is the one to choose.

- Costs about =A3350 on ebay.

Reply to
xscope