Diagnostics

Faithful Xantia has been flashing abs light for a couple of years. Best information says that means a wheel sensor faulty. Then it went to steady light, meaning abs ecu problem (£288 for recon unit). Luckily, as the weather went cooler- towards MoT time the light disappeared, only to return in spring. Today, attended a helpful small garage with a diagnostic device. Plugged a lead into the under dash fusebox, scrolled through to Citroen, scrolled down to Xantia, scrolled down to yr 2000, scrolled down to td. Pressed the button and it read "Front offside wheel sensor fault". No charge. At least I know (?) the problem. Will fix it on a quiet campsite on a sunny day in France. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

I'd agree with that diagnosis - same happened on my Rover Sterling when I bought it and it always happened shortly after it had been wet or damp, but usually fine in the dry. FWIW, you can test a wheel sensor yourself using a multimeter set to the millivolt range; you should see a voltage across the two connector pins only when you spin the wheel.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

FWIW, you can test a wheel sensor yourself using a

Thanks, I'll have a play when I can rely on the weather. Too old for that lying on concrete in blistering gales. DaveK.

Reply to
davek