Diesel performance booster?

Hi,

I have a Nissan Almera 2.2 SDi, and when I first got it a year ago it was pretty nippy.

It's got 64K on it, 2000X plate (UK), but it seems to be less responsive now.

It's recently been serviced.

Any way that I can give it a bit of a performance boost?

Any products available in UK to do this? (Not chips or anything though - perhaps just something I can put in the tank.)

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
computervaleting.co.uk

responsive

Don't even think about puttin Optimax in there :o)

Reply to
Gøñzølã

Don't worry, wasn't going to, I heard it's no good and a ripoff. I want some kind of juice that makes it better.... Hmmm, my mechanical terminology is so good.....

Reply to
computervaleting.co.uk

Injector cleaner can make a difference - seems to have perked mine up a bit. Other than that if it's turbocharged get it checked out for loss of boost?

Also it could be just craving for summer diesel, winter diesel does seem different to drive with.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

For your car, yes.

You could put some snake oil in the tank?

See my other post...

Reply to
DervMan

As other posters have commented, you may be used to it.

You're also running on winter diesel, which makes a difference. Some cars are not fussed, others are certainly fussier.

Have you checked your tyre pressures and other funkiness such as binding brakes and whatnot?

Reply to
DervMan

Depends if you drive a petrol car requiring high octane fuel or not...

Reply to
Doki