DIN or SAE flare cavalier 1.7TD offside front brake pipe

Hi

Does anyone know which type of flare I need to make, for the offside front brake pipe on a vauxhall cavalier 1.7 TD 1994

This tool looks quite good for the money

but I need to know if I need the SAE type or the DIN type tool - both flares use the same 3/16 diameter pipe but the DIN needs shouldered not fully threaded nuts and the fittings seal differently.

I could tell if I undid one of the connections but I'd rather by the kit before starting the job.

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
jimzzr

At a guess, DIN.

DIN - Deutsche Industry Norm (or something close) SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers (American)

Yes, it's a GM car, but it's one engineered by Opel, so German rather than US standards are likely to come into play.

I've got this type of brake pipe tool :-

...and it works well once you get the hang. I fannied about at first with a plumbing-type pipe cutter on the pipe, and quickly figured out that was a great way to burr city - so now it's just angle grinder and straight in. You know to use cupro-nickel rather than copper, yep?

Reply to
Adrian