Dipped Beam

I have an Espace M Reg. The front offisde dipped beam has gone so I replaced the bulb. Still no dipped beam. I tried the Good bulb that I know works and that doesnt do the trick either so it must be something else. Main beam and full beam are both working fine.I cannot see anything wrong with the wiring although I am no expert.

Any advice please?

Reply to
BarryTaylor

What's the differecne between the full beam and the main beam?

Reply to
adder1969

BarryTaylor ("BarryTaylor" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Poor connections or a dicky relay.

Reply to
Adrian

What do you mean by differecne?

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Or the fuse.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan

Would the fuse stop the dipped beam working but allow the full beam to work?. Sorry I havent a clue about car things.

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Well it depends on the vehicle, but yes it can as there's more than one. In the case of the Espace I think the left dipped fuse is fuse F17 & the right dipped fuse is F18.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I will check the fise tomorrow. Now, any idea where I might find it lol. I dont remember seeing it.

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Passenger side of the centre console IIRC. It's in the manual:-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Many thanks for all your help Duncan. Will have a look tomorrow. thanks again

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Aargh, headlamps are in the fuse box in the engine bay, on the left hand wing .

Reply to
Duncan Wood

thanks

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Had the original bulb actually blown? If so it might have taken a fuse with it - many cars have separate fuses for each dipped beam. Your handbook should give the location of the appropriate one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is only one fuse for the dipped headlamps in the fusebox and that is a single 25 amp fuse which is ok. I looked at the other fuses for the other lights and they are all ok too. Where would I find the relay? Any other ideas what it may be?

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Sussed it now, its sorted.

Reply to
BarryTaylor

What was it?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

If there's only one fuse per pair I'd say it would be the same for the relay - ie only one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do tell - might help others even if just finger trouble.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I dont know to be honest. I banged the glass, like you do and Hey Presto, it came alive. Its got to be the wiring I assume, The bulb had definately gone though. But the bang seemed to fix it.

Reply to
BarryTaylor