Disabling rear parking sensors

Are rear parking sensors normally enabled via a mechanical switch at the base of the gear lever/selector? I have a Rover 75 tourer which has no means of switching off the sensors and when reversing with a trailer or caravan attached the constant continuous wailing is a pain in the butt. I could do with including a manually operated switch somewhere so that I can switch the damn things off!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

The message from "Uno Hoo!" contains these words:

If not you could use the fog-light over-ride switch and a relay to fool it into thinking it's not wanted.

Reply to
Guy King

^^^^^^^

Mwahahahahaha.

I will have my revenge yet!

Serves you right ;-)

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

^^^^^^^

LOL !! At least you can overtake a caravan. The number of times I find myself stuck behind a dodderer doing 45 in a Nissan Micra when I'm towing the 'van.......... and it's not easy to find a safe overtake when you are hauling 1100 kgs of caravan and accessories behind you !

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Then get a bigger car. 1100kgs is just a tad much for a 1100 Micra. o:)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

???

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

times

Micra.

You said "The number of times I find myself stuck behind a dodderer doing 45 in a Nissan Micra when I'm towing the 'van.......... and it's not easy to find a safe overtake when you are hauling 1100 kgs of caravan and accessories behind you !"

I read it that you are in a Nissan Micra towing a 1100kg van and are stuck behind a dodderer doing 45 looking to overtake it.

Huw Of course I don't really :-)

Reply to
Huw