Do I have enough r12 in my a/c

How do I check if I have enough freon in my a/c? Apart from looking at a sight glass on a receiver dryer?

Is evacuating and putting back right amount of freon the only way? Or you can tell by pressure (to low) in the system?

BTW, it's '87 BMW e30 316.

Reply to
Yvan

Check the pressures, on a warm day you should have about 200 or a little more high side (psi) and about 20 -30 psi low side , 1500 rpm , after running for about 10 minutes. Also check the outlet temperature, on recirc. full fan you would expect to see about 6 degrees centigrade.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Nedavno MrCheerful napisa: