Door Denters!!!!!!!!!

What is it about these gits who just open their car doors and slam them into the car next to them!! Have they no brain or do they just not give a damn. I have never done this and I have always insisted my passengers follow my example. Today my car is parked in a car park & when I get back there is a 2 inch mark paint & dent on my passenger door. Of course the culprit is not there nor have they left a note apologising. If I ever caught someone doing this I would cut their ******g ***s off.

Pissed off

Steve

Reply to
Wooden

I always try to carefully choose a place in the car park to minimise the chance of denting. One day I parked at the last space in a row next to a wall on the drivers side. That would cut the chances by 50% I thought. However, when I came back, a small car had squeezed in between my car and the space left to the wall with only a couple of inches to open the doors!!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I know how you feel. Had my escort for 3 years, no bumps, nothing. Park at B&Q couple of weeks ago and upon my return 2 nasty dents on the drivers door. And no B&Q couldn't do a paint match for my car.

Reply to
^^tHe^MiXeR^^

How I agree with you having suffered several dents/scratches over the years. I now always try to find a quiet part of car parks or park wide on an end of row position etc.

Perhaps those who decide on the parking bay width are also part of the problem as I am sure that modern cars need more width these days.

Regards.

Reply to
rovereab

This is why I take up 2 spaces when parking, I tend to park away from other cars if I can as well. But I agree, it's a pain in the arse.

Reply to
David Griffin

Tell me about it! I park away from the main area,with many free bays each side- and the next plonker parks three inches away. Go caravanning- all the others sited around the perimeter, so I set up in the middle of the field. The next one in, right alongside. Bugger! DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Fer Pete's sake, it's also a pain in the arse to find a space if some /arse/ has used 2 - now, that *is* ignorant.

-- Ken Davidson

snipped-for-privacy@removehotmail.com remove remove to email

Reply to
DocDelete

They are called 'dings'. Nothing serious!!!!!

I find it even worse in the company car park that people are damaging their work colleagues cars. The trouble is that for some a car is a mere utility item - to others a pride and joy.

Personally I think old people in 2 door cars are the worst for causing this damage.

Reply to
John

NEVER park next to a 4x4 ! It seems they don't see vehicles that are 'beneath' them.

Reply to
Pete > remove underscores

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

Pete > remove underscores (manx_exile snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not just me, then...

Had to park next to an X5 in the supermarket car park a while back - came out ten minutes later to find it gone, and their trolley still resting in the new dent in my rear wing...

Reply to
Adrian

Never park near any car that looks like children or babies might be getting into it either!

Reply to
Timmy

Not forgetting the women who can't drive...... The ones who swing into a parking space, not sure of where the corner of their bumper is, so they tilt head back, swing in .... and scrape the car they are parking next to.

I nearly had that happen to me once, sitting in my old bmw, waiting for 'er in shop, when this bluebird pulls into the bay next to me. Closer and closer and closer "whats she doing" i thought.

Instant reaction ... open my door ... that halted her!!!

1" from touching paint .... 3 inches from the tip of my door.

Just to make a point, i left the door ajar ... she soon dissapeared as the bay was now "not wide enough" in her eyes.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

HA! I was going to start a thread about this, but I'll tack it onto here!

We've got a 7 week old. We've been shopping at the Brougton Retail Park a couple of times (it's close, got a Tesco, and it has parent & _baby_ bays)

A couple of weeks ago, the parent & _baby_ bays were full of people that obviously didn't have babies (immaculate, high spec executive cars with no crap in the back), so we had to park over the other side of the car park, where the bays are tiny.

To get it out of the car, I had to abandon the car half in a bay, get my wife to take the baby out, and then carry on backing in.

To get the car seat into the car, I had to turn the seat upside down, and thread it into the 12 inches that the doors would open. Fortunately, I'm a nice person, so I didn't smack the cars next to me, and was very careful when opening the doors.

When I was walking back to the car, I saw a middle aged couple drive up, get into the _only_ parent & _baby_ bay left, get out, and trot into the store. Their trotting meant they weren't disabled, and all the disabled bays were full, so they'd used a parent & baby bay instead (which I don't have a problem with).

I then went to the customer service desk, with their reg no, and waited for it to be read out over the tannoy.

I was there again today. You may wonder why I've highlighted _baby_ above.

Different set of bays. 4 of them. All full. I was the only one with a baby there.

The car next to me had a 40 something chav, and her twin 15 year old chav daughters in a 4x4. Next to her was a family with a 10 year old. The other side of me was another pair of chavs. To the naked eye, they had children. The car-load of baby seats said that. But no, they pulled up, got out (no children in sight) and went off to boots, returned with shopping, and then left again.

Meanwhile the first chavmobile left, to be replaced by a parent and child car. The car was an astra convertible. The parent was 80, and the child was

  1. No disabled badge in sight.

Now. Bear in mind it was 16:30 on a Sunday. The car park was almost deserted. There was an almost empty row of bays 15 feet away from the disabled & baby bays, but these were 15 feet too far away, so they decided to inconvenience people who actually "require" that little bit extra room to get baby seats in and out of cars.

When will these selfish oafs realise that the "Parent & baby" bays imply babies that require pushchairs. "Babies" aren't babies if they're perfectly capable of walking from one end of the car-park to the other, or if they've now got their own driving licenses.

I'm thinking of printing some little flyers with tick boxes, for the "Clearly no sign of baby", "Baby doesn't mean 18 years old" etc

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

The worst thing is that the exterior cameras at B&Q are dummy ones, like Wickes, so you have no chance of identifying who did it, or shoudl i say which woman did it!

apologising.

Reply to
Geoff

Just look at the so-called DISABLED drivers then. They have wider spaces. How many people with a mobility finance car do you know that is actually disabled? I just see fairly fit people abusing the scheme in prestige cars. Definitely a good scam if you can get onto it. free tax and insurance, AA/RAC cover, swap the car every three years! A complete joke for those who actually are disabled in some way. Maybe the DSS should sit filming con-merchants with disabled badges at the local supermarkets, or would the con-merchants have the cheek to appeal as they always seem to.

Reply to
Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

That usually applies to boy racer cars, always avoid women drivers.

Reply to
Geoff

Those are the two types.

  1. Avoid parking next to bangers like 10 year old Ford Fiesta's (no offence). The banger driver won't careless about dinging your pride and joy. So always park next to Mercs and BMWS (apart from the big 4x4s).

  1. Try to park next to the drivers side of a car (perfect if you can find a space where the car on the left is front end in, and the car on the right is rear end in) - you'll probably find that it's clueless passengers that cause a lot of dings. As they're not car owners themselves then they ain't got a clue about how little space there is when they swing open that door!!

  2. Park in the far corner of the carpark. I always try to do this - I get grief for doing so from my passengers but it saves my paintwork :o) Even safer - take the bus, it'll quadruple your journey time and you'll freeze in winter....
Reply to
Johnny

Just a quick point. Lets say you spent 50 or 60K of your own money, not a finance companies, not the company you work for, your own money on a car that you intend to keep for a considerable amount of time. Now lets say occasionaly you end up in the supermarket carpark. Do you leave the car squeezed into a bay between a Maestro and a Mondeo Diesel just waiting for someone to take a chunk out of it, or do you leave it in the Parent and Child space with a bit of room around it? Not condoning it but you can see the point.

Matt

Reply to
**-**